Donate safely online through the McPherson County Community Foundation.
Dear Canton Township Carnegie Library Patrons,
Thank you for your continued patronage to our beloved library. We love being a part of our community and are so proud to be part of building Canton. Covid-19 has gotten in the way of us providing services to our community for the month of April, but now the mandatory closure is done and we are excited to resume serving the community. There are a few changes to how our library will operate due to Covid-19 restrictions and the construction of the addition to our building. Changes to our library include but are not limited to:
- Chairs being distanced at 6 feet
- When entering the building sanitizer is mandatory and gloves will be provided if wanted
- Our library is small so to responsibly social distance only 10 people will be allowed in at a time
- Books and movies can be checked out but must be retrieved by the librarian
- When materials are returned to the library they must be returned through the book drop
- Masks are not required but are encouraged
- Computers will only be allowed for printing
- When you come to use the wifi inside you must pick a chair and must remain in the chair for your whole visit
- If you want to reserve or receive items from your vehicle call 620-628-4349 during the library’s normal hours
The health of our community is extremely important to us and cleaning practices will be extensive. All surfaces will be wiped down every evening with Clorox wipes and vinegar. The chairs will be wiped down after each person leaves and before another person sits. The bathrooms will be cleaned properly every evening if they were used that day. Monitors, keyboards, and computer mice will be cleaned every evening. And lastly, every returned item will be disinfected to the best of my ability before returning to the shelf.
If you have questions or want to reserve items my number is 620-747-2882 and I prefer text over calling because I usually don’t pick up if I don’t recognize the number. The library’s number is 620-628-4349 and I will return all calls when the library is open. Another way to contact us with questions or concerns is to email us at email@example.com.
Thank you from Becca and the Canton Township Carnegie Library Board!